Fit Model, Women’s Size 6 – Banana Republic-01RHB-
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Fit Model is responsible for representing the Brand target customer for body measurements, shape and proportion. The model will fit garments at all major Milestone Meetings, Production Fittings, in Store Fittings, All Size Fittings and Showroom presentations as required and provide feedback on fit and comfort to meet the Brand customer expectation.
This position requires the ability to spend most of the time standing while fitting garments. The Fit Model is also required to have excellent people skills, work well under pressure and be able to articulate how the garment fits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure body measurements are maintained within a ¼” up or down from approved measurements at the time of hire.
- Maintain body shape and form from the time of hire to ensure fit consistency within the Brand.
- Model clothing during Fit sessions and provide feedback on fit, check movement and functionality of each garment to Technical Designers, Designers and Merchants. Will require extended standing and other physical requirements.
- Have complete comfort level to fit all categories of clothing including Swim Wear and Intimate Apparel in front of large groups of people.
- Fit sessions may also be video taped to Cross Functional partners and Vendors to document fit issues and ensure efficient communication.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand Design Aesthetic, Brand Fit and Construction Standards and provide consistent, professional and effective communication that reflects the Brand and customer needs.
- Identify potential customer concerns with regards to quality and fit issues and make timely call outs during the fit sessions to maintain Design and Fit intent.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the competitor fits and sizing with the ability to make call outs on the differences between our competitors and BR Brand.
- Fit Model will have one or more full body scan taken to be used for mannequin development for fitting garments at GIS hubs and factories, monitoring body shape/form/proportion and other business purposes.
- Manage Fit Schedules with Technical Designers and Cross Functional partners to ensure scheduling and prioritization of fittings are aligned with the Calendar and business deliverables
- Maintain appropriate under garments, shoes and essential basics (as determined by the Brand) to be used for fittings
- Travel to Int’l hub offices and factories for fittings/meetings with Technical teams.
- Conducts self within established guidelines of the Corporate Fit Protocol, Gap Inc Code of Conduct, and Gap Inc. Purpose, Values, Behaviors in fittings.
- Foster open communication and team environment with all business partners and receive constructive feedback professionally.
- Hold self accountable for work commitments and outcomes.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
Interaction with Design, Technical Design, Production, Merchandising, Int’l hub offices and Vendors
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to maintain body measurements, shape and proportion consistently
- Ability to stand and meet other physical requirements for extended periods
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Proficient Computer Skills on email systems i.e. Lotus Notes, MS Outlook and Microsoft Suite – MS Excel, MS Word and Powerpoint
2) Minimum educational level:
3) Minimum experience:
- Some related modeling experience
4) Physical Requirements:
- Domestic and International travel required 6-8X year
- Bust (35”) Waist (28”) and Low Hip (38”)