Curry Pumpkin Soup Recipe
It’s officially time to make our annual batch of pumpkin soup! Its so easy and tasty – anyone can make it!
Happy Halloween! What better way to celebrate than with a cup of hot pumpkin soup. This recipe is so easy that, well, even we can make it!
We’ve had the recipe for years and make it to share with our neighbors every Halloween. Also, found the recipe on simplyrecipes.com.
Spicy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 (15 oz) cans 100 percent pumpkin or 6 cups of chopped roasted pumpkin*
- 5 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)**
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
*To make pumpkin purée, cut a sugar pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff, lie face down on…
View original post 158 more words